Placer School for Adults is an authorized Pearson VUE Testing Center
We administer tests on Tuesdays and Thursday from 9:00 a.m. – 1:00 p.m (except holidays). To schedule your GED testing appointment use the link provided here: Link to Pearson website and information. Remember that you won’t have time to take all four GED tests on one day, (and frankly, our counselors recommend that you only take one or two tests per day).
Location: PUHSD-Pearson Vue Testing – Adult Learning Center
13055 Bill Francis Drive, Auburn, CA 95603 (530) 886-4470
Our Commitment to you: Providing a test center that is… Quiet + Free of Disturbances + Secure + Comfortable
Did you know… the new GED test (launched in January 2014) is a computer-based test, comprised of four subtests:
• Reasoning through Language Arts (155 minutes)
• Mathematical Reasoning (115 minutes)
• Science (90 minutes)
• Social Studies (75 minutes)
Test takers should be familiar with a computer keyboard and have basic computer skills, such as using a pull-down menu, cutting and pasting, highlighting and dropping text. The new test is scored quickly, with results in 3 hours or less! We have GED-approved calculators to loan, or you can bring your own (Texas Instruments TI-30XS).
For more information about GED testing and to register for the test please log in to: http://www.gedtestingservice.com
Note: If you started taking GED tests prior to January 2014 and did not finish and/or pass the complete test, you will need to start over with this new GED test.
GED Prep Classes
Classes to prepare for the test:
PSA offers General Education Development (GED) classes to prepare for this four-part exam. Classes cover all four subjects with a targeted focus on Math & writing skills. Classes are free of charge.
Steps to obtaining your GED®:
1. Call (530) 885-8585 to schedule your placement appointment.
2. Take classes.
Auburn: Placer School for Adults (The Blue House) 360 Finley Street, Auburn.
Time: 9:30am-12:30am or 5:30pm-8:30pm
Special drop-in classes are held during the summer. Please call our office to schedule your GED assessment/orientation to get enrolled in study classes for GED.
3. To register and take the GED® test you must visit the GED testing site (ged.com) to select a test center where you want to test, to schedule your test and to pay for your test. All this is done online by the student at ged.com.
4. Counselor Kaeli Hogan, Placer School for Adults, is an excellent resource for GED testers. She can be reached at (530) 885-8585, extension 6003.
Helpful GED Website Links
“MyGED” is your start-to-finish tool for the GED program. Sign up now at www.GED.com
To locate a testing center click on this web link: GED Testing Service