Automotive Technology Course – through Placer School for Adults
In partnership with Placer High School and CTEWorks, Placer School for Adults (PSA) will be giving priority to those students completing this pathway course. The course is offered, and intended, primarily for graduating seniors from Placer Union High School District, who are currently 18 years old (or will be 18 years old by August 1, 2017).
Steps to register:
– be 18 years old (by August 1st)
– graduated from high school
– complete prerequisite course – “Automotive Services” or previous automotive class experience with instructor permission
– make an appointment with the Placer School for Adults Counselor
– bring copy of your high school transcript
– bring full payment amount, $749, to complete registration
To register, please schedule an appointment with our Adult Ed counselors to review your transcript and confirm that you have met the prerequisites (*Automotive Service Course). Call 530-885-8585 to make an appointment with our PSA counselor. Please bring your high school transcript to the counselor appointment.
Available to students enrolled at these school districts.
|Placer Union High School District||Roseville Joint Union High School District||Rocklin Unified School District||Western Placer Unified School District||Placer County Charters||Other Organizations
Available through Placer School for Adults
Length of Course
Full Year | August – May | (540 hours)
Section Meeting Times and Locations
|Instructor Contact Information
Advanced instruction in all A.S.E. (Automotive Service Excellence) areas including: introduction to on-board computers and testing; smog control testing procedures; and engine overhaul and advanced automotive technologies. Internship opportunities may include: auto dealerships, automotive repair or body shops, retail parts businesses, machine shops, brake and front end shops, motorcycle repair shops or specialty shops.
| What you will experience
– On-board computer and testing
– Engine overhaul and automotive machine technologies
– Transmission and front wheel drive systems
– Smog control testing procedures
– Tire, batteries and accessories sales
– ASE training in brakes, engine performance, electrical, and steering and suspension
– Resume writing and job interview techniques
| Recommended Classes and Preferred Prerequisites
Job Site (Internship) Placement
– General technician
– Service Advisor
| Local Post Secondary Sequences:
Contact instructor more textbook information.