Adult High School Requirements
To graduate from the Placer School for Adults a student must be 18 years of age or older and must have completed the course requirements outlined below: (Please note that no student shall graduate from Placer School for Adults in advance of, or in concurrent with, the date of his/her normal high school class graduation.)
Graduation credit requirement is 160
Social Studies 30
World Studies/Geography 10
US History 10
American Government (Civics) 5
Biological Science 10
Physical Science 10
Fine Arts/Foreign Language/CTE 10
Health & Safety 5
- Credit toward meeting the graduation requirements shall be awarded for the following:
- Credits earned at the Placer School for Adults.
- Credit transferred from public and private (including parochial) secondary and adult schools.
- Credit transferred from community colleges.
- Credit earned at public and private (including parochial) colleges and universities, including extension courses.
- Courses taken at approved trade, technical, and vocational schools.
- Courses taken in military and industrial training programs.
- Coursework and training taken in approved apprenticeship programs.
- Courses taken in CETA/JTPA classroom training programs.
- Courses completed in approved correspondence schools (maximum 40 credits).
- Work Achievement Credit (not to exceed 30 credits).
- Armed forces Basic Training (15 credits Military Science and Hygiene)
- Other verifiable education, training, and/or experience as approved and authorized by the Principal of the Placer School for Adults or his/her designee.