Stop by our new location: 1919 Grass Valley Hwy #100, Auburn, CA 95603
We will be holding many of our Techology based classes at this new location; and provide the same friendly service as our main office at 390 Finley St.
You can find the catalog by using this link here.
Here’s a few programs we are offering this semester:
Our Clinical Medical Assistant program will prepare you to assist physicians in providing patient care in healthcare offices and facilities.
You will gain exposure to and instruction in job duties that include assisting with exams and minor surgery, taking patient vital signs, caring for patients, performing lab tests, administering medications, electrocardiography and much more.
• Evening classes enable you to maintain your day job while learning a new career in the evening.
• We cover all the essential skills needed for the position and prepare you for certification(s).
• Clinical Medical Assistants earn $10-$20 per hour according to the U.S. Department of Labor.
Be prepared for the following national certification exams:
• Certified Clinical Medical Assistant (CCMA) exam offered through the National Healthcare Association (NHA)
• National Center for Competency Testing (NCCT)
• California Certifying Board for Medical Assistants
Our Business Office Professional Certification:
•Improve and develop your computer skills in the Microsoft Windows 10 and Microsoft Office 2016 desktop applications.
Within the last several years, a new computing model has emerged that is now the platform of choice for businesses to remain competitive, that platform is called cloud computing.
•Construct an effective resume, write a cover letter, learn about job interview techniques, and find appropriate interview apparel.
•Basic math will also be reviewed with the four basic math functions.
Discover powerful ways to search for employment (traditional and Web-based), learn about professional networking (LinkedIn) and how to post your resume on job boards where employers can find you.
Basic Computer Skills:
• File Management, • Internet, • Web Mail, • Cloud Computing
Microsoft Office 2016:
• Word, • Excel, • PowerPoint
• Job Search, • Resume Creation, • Dress for Success, • Interviewing Techniques, • Guest Speakers
• Cover Letters, • Business Etiquette, • Composition Strategies
PC Technician & Networking:
Interested in becoming a computer technician or joining the IT field? This introductory course will cover a wide range of skills which will assist you on your career path. Areas of focus will include understanding the PC, introduction to hardware and software, networking (including home and small office), PC repair and troubleshooting. You will be prepared to continue on with the CompTIA A+ certification prep class.
CompTIA A+ Certification Prep:
Drill down into deeper levels of hardware common to virtually every personal computer and network including micro-processors, RAM, power supplies, motherboards, BIOS, CMOS, the expansion bus, I/O devices, networking and Windows. You’ll learn how to configure and troubleshoot in real work environments and gain sufficient knowledge to build your own PC. Base the rest of your CompTIA A+ certification studies for the exams on the knowledge gained in this class.
Successful completion prepares you for CIS 65 Networking Fundamentals at Sierra College.